Thursday, March 18, 2010

March Madness!

~ SHE SAID~

Sorry guys - not the madness of basketball this time! (Although, I was able to watch a bit of the tourney today! And how about those UAPB Golden Lions??) Our March madness comes from the everyday events of the Compton household! It's so hard to find time to be with each other when you have the demands of sick children, work, the household and then the unexpected things that come along our way! As many of you know, I'm not a morning person and Doug is WONDERFUL with getting up with the boys and taking Levi to school. Oh, how I love my sleep, but how much more do I love my husband! Maybe part of my madness is that I don't sacrifice the time in the early morning to be with my Lord and with my husband for a few minutes before the day begins. . . . . . .


~HE SAID~

Getting up with the boys in the morning is a simple way of saying, "I love you." I know my wife enjoys her sleep, and I love spending time with my boys in the morning. It is such a joy to get that morning hug. The quiet of the house is so nice. The quiet house is a great time to reflect and spend time hearing from God. I know that it is something that will not last for long, but it is nice to know it can be that way. It is easy to get caught up with putting things off that you need to say and do. Yesterday a 27 year old died of a heart attack at work. He left a wife and 2 small kids behind. This made us hold our kids and each other a little closer. It brought so many things into perspective. I think about the madness I place in my life that does not need to be there. I put so much added pressure on myself, when my wife and kids really just need me. All the things I work for and things I THINK we need mean nothing! They just need me to be the best I can be. When the madness gets to me and life seems out of control, I have to place priorities back in line - starting with my time with God. I know that many days I neglect that time or rush through it to catch some news before the madness begins. I wish I was wise enough to realize that the madness would not consume me if I would put God where He needs to be. I love my wife and want to give her everything, but if I am not giving her the things she needs then what am I doing?


March is full of madness. Do not let the madness impact your marriage. Spend time encouraging and spend time putting things in perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment